Monday, July 29, 2019

Veronaville - Round 5 - The Retirement Center



Hi There! This is a new feature of the Veronaville neighborhood I plan to incorporate..well...this round! We all love TS2, right? But there is one feature it does not have..that ASimWen LOVES in TS3, and that is story progression. We see the same tired townies and NPCs trudging all over the neighborhood whilst our families age for generations. So I picked up an idea from Pleasant Sims....a retirement home.


It works something like this: Each time a playable ages up, so does a townie from their friend list. The destination is elder sims eventually make it to the retirement home. What happens there? Well, ASimWen won't play it per se. Elder Sims will be moved in, then the lottery is played.

The Death Lottery.

The Sims who have been there the longest, will be the ones to *ahem* move to the Sim Beyond.  To start out, I just moved in 7 Sims who I was sick of seeing around.  They happened to be NPCs.  The eighth Sim is a lady called The Oldster.  She is the place holder.  Although I guess she could be killed off now.

This round I had three sims to move in...that meant that 3 had to go.

Whooooo went this round?

First: Katy McGraw.  Not sure what she does or if she is just a regular townie..but...she has to go.  She drew Death by Fright.



Buh-Bye Katy.  Good riddance.

Next:  Animal Trainer Sandy Butler.


By Lottery... (my lottery is asking Alexa to choose a number between one and eleven) Sandy drew death by electrocution.



Buh-Bye Sandy...you will NOT be missed by all the animals in Veronaville...except maybe this townie dog Max.  He will miss you.

Next was Tiffany Zarubin.  Garden Club Lady.  I see her a lot in my game because my Sims often join the Garden Club.


Death by lightening for Tiffnay.....Whilst she is still sobbing over Sandy's death.



Joe Graham watches the spectacle.


Buy-bye Tiffany.

Who took their place in the Retirement Home?


These Sims good friends with many of the Veronavillians...especially the guy in the middle, Daryl Strait.  He is even in love with Bianca Monty.  His loss will be a ruff one...many families will lose a friend.

That is it for this round in the Retirement Home.  Hope you enjoyed this idea!  This will keep things mixing in the hood.


Anyway, have fun everyone!  Next up - Pleasantview!  The Don Lothario lot!

~ASimWen

3 comments:

  1. It is a good idea to make things a bit more interesting when it comes to townies and NPCs; maybe I should use this method, too. It should also make the game spawn new townies and NPCs, so maybe my Sims would be able to meet some more "long lost relatives" with the same surnames as themselves.
    I'd like to see what the retirement home looks like inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea a lot. I might implement it in Clovercrest and Fellowship One. Maybe even Megalahood at some point, if I ever get through a single round over there. :) What a nice way to deal with the fact that kids, parents, grandparents and even great grandparents can know and be friends with the same elders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea Wen! Are you just ageing up Adult townies? I’ve added a few here and there in Pleasantview as I like the idea of new faces, I do need a bit of population control next round I think.
    I’m going to start playing my seniors home soon, had it for ages (kindly sent and made by ‘Librarian’, but keep forgetting to add Sims to it!

    ReplyDelete