Monday, January 2, 2012

Lot 7: The Burbs


I like the Burbs, I suppose because John is a Family Sim, my favorite aspiration in The Sims 2. I love Sim babies!!!


John's LTW is to become education minister. He got that job, got fired the first day (Ouch, took a hit on Prosperity scoring)but was able to get it again. He settled his family into the large mobile home, mirrors the same one that Brandi Broke has. I have tried playing them in different houses, but I believe the Burbs will have better success here. I turned on the twins perk for him.


John constantly rolled wants to do romantic things with Jennifer. No wonder, he wanted to get her pregnant. I indulged every time he started it up. She finally got pregnant. Once she was pregnant, those wants stopped.


Twins, yay! Meet Joe and Jane. It was at this point I decided to start using a baby name list of names that were popular in the 1940s.


WISHES:

JOHN: Typical do things with wife and child wants. He also ran alot of wishes to get skills. LTW: To graduate three kids from college.

JENNIFER: It always irritated me that she didn't have a high relationship with her daughter. Typical Fortune Sim wants. Whenever she rolled a want for a skill, I grabbed it. I was not good at keeping up with her wants. The Burbs simply didn't have the money or resources to keep up. At one point, I had her out in the yard digging to get the treasure chest to get some cash to buy stuff, but she never got it. I am afraid this was a failure. I am trying to stay way from throwing in dates to get the 5 wishes a day fulfilled, unless somebody rolls a want to date. Her LTW is to have 5 top businesses. Not right now, but will do it later. She finally got a job in the athletic field in the mean time so the family could put away some cash toward her LTW.

LUCY: As a child, she constantly wanted attention from her parents. John usually indulged, and happy to do so. While she was a child, it was no problem to keep up with the wishes. Once she turned teen, it went sour. She rolled Family aspiration, and all she wanted to do was fall in love. She didn't know any boys. She went to town and met Orlando Centowski, and constantly wanted to do things with him. I will be sending him to Uni to see if she still wants him then. Her LTW is to Raise 20 Puppies Or Kittens. Hm. I must admit, I have never done this one because I would rather my Family Sims have children.

TWINS JOE AND JANE: Still babies.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't played much with this family before, but the twins sure are cute. It will be fun to see where they go from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played Pleasantville very much, but the Burbs were the first family I ever played when I first got The Sims 2 however many years ago. That was before I realized I could play the other families that were already in the neighborhood like the Pleasants, etc....lol. I remember my very first try with them, John died in a kitchen fire the first few days because I had no idea how to put it out, and didn't know about the smoke alarm or calling the fire department. I tried again a few times with them with better success and will probably always have fond memories of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orlando will be a good choice for a family girl, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete