Friday, December 23, 2011

Lot 2: The Goth Mansion


Cassandra: My love, Don Lothario, told me he didn't love me anymore. I went to the grocery store one day, and who should I see there but Don and Dina Caliente making eyes at each other. When I confronted him, he told me we were through.

My heart was broken in two, so I decided to take a trip to try to forget. I went to the mountains. There, I did lots of things to try to erase all memories of Don.


I learned a new dance....


I played some darts...


I even tried to get interested in other men. But nobody seemed to notice I was around. I even bought some new clothes so I would fit in more with the locals.


But none of this helped. I started feeling like I would be an old maid forever, so I went home.


Alexander didn't seem to have a hard time finding love. I wondered what was different about me? I started thinking that maybe I should adopt a baby, since it was apparent that I was not going to have any of my own.


Dad and Dina even started making goo-goo eyes at each other. Doesn't he remember mom? I guess he feels the same loneliness I do. At least he found somebody.

Oh well. Until next time.


WISHES: As soon as I opened the lot, I did not let the marriage scenario between Don and Cassandra take place, because neither one of them were showing that want. Cassandra had a basic want to get married, but to no one in particular. But she did roll a want to go to the mountains, so off she went. Once there, she wanted to do everything. She went on at least 6 or 7 tours, she rolled constant wants for that. Of course, Mortimer's wishes surrounded around skilling, so he was easy. He did take a couple of hits of elixir, as I wanted him to live long enough to get together with Dina. Alexander was a bit more difficult. As a child, he rolled wants to have somebody swing him around, occasionally to get a skill point, and of course, to get a dog. So the Goths got a dog. When he became a teen, he rolled Family, like his sister. So he wanted to get close to girls. He was a bit easier then. I kept waiting for Cassandra to roll a want to call a couple of different men she met on vacation, but did not. Darren Dreamer? Hasn't even thought about him.

9 comments:

  1. Cassandra needs a new life...far away from Don. Hope she gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wants - based playing! It makes me want (LOL) to try it. I usually do try to fulfill some of their wants, but to have a goal to do 5 a day could definitely change their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....I kind of liked Cassandra in her "fitting in" clothes. She needed away from Don anyway. I'm surprised she didn't wish for a different man, I guess her heart really is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ ciyrose: I keep waiting for Cassandra to roll wants for Darren Dreamer. I am currently playing the Goth house round two, and nothing. She is now halfway through adulthood, and I am thinking I need to get started on her LTW of Marry Off Six. So it looks like it she is going to be making trips to the orphanage. heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh--"Cassandra Does the Mountains" was hilarious. Last thing I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He yah, she wasn't really exciting while she was there. I played it on speed two most of the time. I did try to keep an eye out for prospective men, but she just wasn't interested. So I followed her wishes and chased her around the mountians. :)

      Delete
  6. How do you keep track of all sims getting five wishes aday - do you do them one at a time? And what do you do if you don't succeed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am doing a spun up date, it is easy to count the wishes. But if the Sim is showing wishes that are difficult, like pulling teeth out of a turle's head to fulfill, then I do count. If I don't succeed? Try try again the next day. It is a very relaxed way of playing, not really a put together challenge. It is a style of play using prosperity scoring.

      Delete
  7. It's sweet and nostalgic for me to see the Goths (and all the other Maxis-made Sims) in their original state! I started my own megahood, New Maximiliania, playing ALL Maxis-made Sims for one Sim week in the alphabetical order of their surname, back in 2008... so you can imagine a lot has changed since then :-)

    ReplyDelete