Saturday, February 11, 2012

RESPITE

A very sad thing happened today. My laptop had a major crash...couldn't be revived. I used the recovery disc I made when I bought the laptop. It had a handy dandy program on it called Dell DataSafe. Supposedly it saves everything in the My Documents folder, then formats the hard drive so the machine is useable again. I was able to bring my computer back up, loaded everything that Dell DataSafe saved. Spent all day reloading The Sims 2. Yay. Bring up the game, everything is great. Close it down again. Copy over the saved Pleasantview. Nope. Dell DataSafe didn't save the Neighborhood Manager. Ugh. Pleasantview is back to Day One. So, I will start over Wishful Thinking In Pleasantview. It will be a while before I make any posts. Thank you for your patience, everybody. - ASimWen

8 comments:

  1. Wen, something occurred to me that might help. It seems like I had that problem before. If you could use a bulk rename utility to rename all your backup Pleasantview files to a new neighborhood number, and then make sure the neighborhood manager is deleted before you start up your game, you can have another copy of Pleasantview besides N001. I have a few different copies of Pleasantview, etc. in my game that way. It may be worth a try. If you had to rename the files manually, it would take forever, but the bulk renamer makes it go relatively fast. Anyway, it might be worth a try. I really hope you can salvage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried this, it didn't work. :( I tried renaming it to neighborhood 100 instead of 001. I don't know if I didn't use the program right, but when I selected all the files to be renamed, they all disappeared. :( Ah well.

      Delete
    2. Well, bummer. :( I'm really sorry it didn't work, Wen.

      Delete
    3. Well that's the way it goes. I am nearly done with the Goths this time around, and things are turning out much better for Cassandra. She is being me sane about her wishes. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that it blew up on you :( Good luck with the re-do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....sadness about the laptop, and losing the stories you had, they were quite fun before. It will be interesting to see how things change and/or stay the same this time around though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yup! Luckily I really like playing this hood. hehe

      Delete